Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

ADPL AGM 2022/23

Last updated on 2 years ago
F
FCBashSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
ADPL AGM 2022/23

We are hosting our AGM on Thursday 28th July 2022, starting at 7.30pm. The venue is the Royal British Legion - Upstairs Hall.

Any AGM proposals should be made in writing and submitted to any member of the Committee a full seven days in advance of the date of the meeting. Just to be clear, the latest a proposal can be received and considered for discussion is 7.30pm on Thursday 21st July 2022.

Proposals will be collated then posted onto the ADPL Website and Facebook Page in advance of the meeting to ensure the members can discuss the proposals before deciding on how to vote.

Regards,
Michael
F
FCBashSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
REMINDER: Just over 48 hours to go until the deadline passes for proposals to be considered at this years AGM.

Deadline is Thursday 21st July at 7.30pm
F
FCBashSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
Proposals received (19/07/2022 at 22:30hrs)

Proposal 1 – Singles and Doubles Format Review for Playing Dates

I propose for your consideration that the Arbroath Singles and Doubles ties be venue drawn as per usual but then matches of that venue also be drawn at the same time, and a cut off date given to play these matches when published ie like the IM qualifiers. This should hopefully reduce the number of 'no-shows' which has been rife for years and allow players (like myself) who work away, ample time to organise these matches, to save having to gives bye's because usually it's one date I can't make on the calendar. I can't see any Publicans being overly fussed about venue's not being used for qualifiers as most I assume would play at Shotz but even then you could make it so you had to play at that venue.

Gareth Ruxton

Proposal 2 – Players Entering Events

I propose for your consideration that some sort of rule be in place, or like general etiquette footnotes on the tournament draws posts with regards to playing Pool qualifiers whether it's doubles or singles etc. Something along the lines of 'please do not play your match if you know you are not going to be available for ANY future rounds'

I know this is a given for most players but has been well talked about with recent events, and I think this would clarify what should be done if unavailable in future rounds to those who are unsure.

Gareth Ruxton

Proposal 3 – Individual Players Participation in ADPL Singles & Doubles

I propose for your consideration that Marc and Ryan Fleming be allowed to participate in the Arbroath Singles and Doubles tournaments. Marc and Ryan have brought a lot to the table(excuse the pun) with regards to pool in Arbroath as we all know, and I know there's a rule about players from a different IM area, or something similar, that are not allowed to play our local events but I think an exception should be made to allow them to compete, i for one think they deserve a chance, i'd hate drawing them thats for sure but also if i did I'd love the chance to try and knock them out of these competitions and I'm sure there's a few others who would relish this too.

Gareth Ruxton

Proposal 4 – Players Participation in All ADPL Events 1

I propose that , regardless of where someone represents in the respect of IMs and Super League , that they may play in all individuals competitions within the ADPL. So long as they have played in and supported the league for a certain amount of years, say 5 years (as a minimum period of allegiance to the league) and it can even be enforced that players must play a minimum amount of matches / percentage of the fixtures to merit inclusion, to save any ‘part-timers’ intruding which I believe was previously a worry.

In summary, anyone who has supported the ADPL league for a set number of years and has participated regularly in the league throughout the season, is allowed to take part in all ADPL individual competitions:

League Singles, League Doubles, Shotz Singles, Cliffy Singles, Porty Singles, Grassroot events (where applicable) and any others that I may have missed.

Marc Fleming

Proposal 5 – Over 50’s Tournament

Over 50’s Tournament

Ronnie Edwards

Proposal 6 – Playing Scotch Doubles in ADPL

I would like to propose the change in league doubles so that Scotch Doubles is introduced this season instead of the doubles we currently play. Scotch Doubles is played in a few other leagues and would result in quicker matches and a more even playing field across matches.

Steve Reid

Proposal 7 – Format of Picking Players in League Matches

I would like to propose that we have a trial in the new season to pick the player's blind. I have spoken to some people about this, and they have shown that they think it takes the advantage away from the away team, but when they have the reverse fixture, it evens itself out. We use this method in the Brechin league, and it works well and makes the game more exciting.

The other point which has been brought up before about making the doubles into Scottish doubles. Again, we tried this in the Brechin league this last season and it was great worked well.

Billy Girdwood

Proposal 8 – Signing in at Finals Day

My proposal is for an agreed sign-in. say 11:30 noon with an hour caveat to say 12:30pm is the maximum cut-off. After that, no-one can play. This is after all, our premium showcase finals days and well publicised in advance so players should be able to re-arrange any work routines etc., around that. I agree this is different for singles events, players being given the odd exception of a later start provided the draw is not held up in any way.

Steve Webster

Proposal 9 – Players Participation in All ADPL Events 2

I would like to propose a change to the rule regards ADPL members who play Superleague/IM’s for a different area not being allowed to enter the league Singles, Doubles and one day competitions.

As it stands at the moment any ADPL members who fall under this category are not allowed to enter these. I would like to see this rule scrapped and allow these members to compete the same as any other league member.

Thank you

Connor Hunter
Edited by FCBash on 21/07/2022 11:00, 2 years ago
F
FCBashSuper Admin
Posted 2 years ago
REMINDER:

The ADPL AGM is next week and the deadline for proposals to be considered is this Thursday (21st July) at 7.30pm.

This is your chance to have your thoughts heard and considered on the future of your league.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.
FCBash7 months ago#43
Weeks 5 & 6 updates complete Like
FCBash7 months ago#42
Week 4 results and tables updated Like
FCBash7 months ago#41
Week 3 results and tables updated Like
FCBash8 months ago#40
Week 2 update complete Like
FCBash8 months ago#39
Week 1 done and dusted, results and league tables updated Like
MSeaShore12 months ago#38
MON THE SHOTZ! CHAMPIONES CHAMPIONES OLE OLE OLE!

🏆

AV IT!
FCBash1 year ago#37
Week 25 update complete....Like
FCBash1 year ago#36
Week 24 update almost done....
FCBash1 year ago#35
Week 21 update complete
FCBash1 year ago#34
Week 19 update complete Like